Friday, March 14, 2008

Streaky

I know the terms predictability and parenthood don't belong in the same sentence, but with a newborn I am realizing this more each day. As perfect as I think Anna is, I wish I could day the same for her sleeping habits. Last week she had 3 when she slept for 6 hours straight! Those were some FANTASTIC nights. Then in between those days she decided to wake up every 1 to 2 hours to eat! I swear she has Basinett radar. She will fall completely asleep (while eating) and an earthquake couldn't wake her, but when we slowly reach that basinett the eyes open! She is also a nightowl, much like her parents. I tried to get her to sleep last night at 9:30, but it wasn't until midnight that she agreed to sleep in the basinett - luckily we were up until then watching the blasted Utah game. Despite the late night, she had a good stretch sleeping for 5.5 hours, eating for 15 minutes sleeping another 2 hours, eating again for 20 minutes, then sleeping again for 1.5 hours. It is nice to wake up more rested! I cannot complain today... we'll see what tomorrow brings.

4 comments:

Taylor, Melanie and Grace said...

Oh Heidi I know your pain! Sleep is such a wonderful thing. I took it for granted before Grace came along. Just in the past week or two Grace is finally getting into a routine. She still wakes up 2-3 times a night but at least it's not every 1-2 hours anymore. Hang in there!!!

Leslie said...

Soon enough she will be sleeping through the night and you will some how forget how tired you were when she used to wake up several times during the night. I guess the wonderful thing about parents is that we forget how hard it is to have a newborn and then we want to do it all over again! I hope you get some good sleep tonight.

Katie Jane said...

Oh, Sleep. Say good bye to it. "Goodbye dear friend. You will be missed." Anna is sooo cute I could eat her. ANd as for the ugg boots, I wish that kind came in my size cause they look so comfy on her. You are such cute parents, I can't stand it.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Heids - WOW, I hadn't checked your blog in a bit, and you have such cute pic's up. Anna is DARLING! Wow, she has the cutest biggest eyes! Just like Lance! ;) And that picture of her head up smiling is so cute too! I love that you posted a picture of Audrey, I have been waiting to see what she looked like, cute hair from what I could see. And how fun that all of Dave's friends had babies so close together - funny Keith Warner! I am sure you are just the cutest mom ever. Keep the pictures coming, it is so fun to see these little babies grow! One thing I wanted to say about preemies - don't get frustrated when you read those week by week books. Supposedly premies are about a month behind. Lance is right on with some things and a little behind in some. Sometimes I get bugged when I read those books - today in the book it said he could at his age be able to crawl, say mamma and dadda, wave and clap his hands. Oh crap!!! ;) I guess he'll just learn when he is good and ready. Anyway with Anna being a premie as well I just wanted to throw it out there. Love ya! Kates.