Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's About Time!

We're a little behind on the whole blog issue. I guess packing up and cleaning our home in every waking moment will do that! We've loved seeing everyone else's blogs and finally MADE time to get ours done as well. Here is the latest...

The doctors warned us that Anna had a high risk of eventually turning into a cyclops. For months we were in denial, but we eventually couldn't ignore the obvious truth.
We've been working closely with the FBI trying to establish a link between Anna and Al-Qaeda. She has been covering her bases well, but we're confident that she'll eventually slip up and make a mistake. That's when we'll get her.

We decided (ok, I decided and Heidi was kind enough to humor me) to go to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. I think both of us would agree that it was pretty dang cool! Here I am in front of a close relative of a Stegosaurus.

Something tells me this dino would be slighlty intimidating if it happened to pass us on I-15.

Little did we know that the museum even offers babysitting!


One of my personal favorites, the T-Rex.


Making sacrifices to the shark god is optional, but I felt it necessary. This is the Megalodon, the pre-historic relative to current sharks. Based on the size of fossilized teeth that were discovered, scientists were able to re-create the animal. This is the ACTUAL size of what the Megalodon was believed to be! And you thought "Jaws" was scary!



Ahh, Snowbird. A home away from home. Heidi's grandma invites us up to her timeshare at Iron Blosam Lodge every summer, so we pull each others' ears and FORCE ourselves to go!

This was one of the few smiles we could get Anna to make while in the pool. Though she does love the water, she was mostly in a comatose state the entire time (not moving at all and just staring off).

Heidi, Anna and I with our swimming buddies: nieces Caitlynn and Sydney.


Heidi snapped this in the car of all places as we were heading down from Snowbird. Well done!

And FINALLY... some pics at our cabin.


Here's a shot of the four Miner siblings on the infamous porch swing (for those of you that were dying to know what my siblings looked like). Sorry we're a little far away, but it's a better picture of all of us than the close-up is.

Anna recently discovered her feet, and now they're her favorite thing to play with!

Here's our niece, Chelsea, doing her best fish impersonation.



No, Anna and I are not standing in the river (though that definitely would have been exciting during a HUGE spring run-off). The Provo runs along the front and back of our cabin.





I absolutely LOVE this picture (you can love or hate it all you want). This was very likely our last time up at the cabin for a couple of years. It will be sorely missed.





Well, my apologies for posting a thousand pictures but there was a lot to catch up on. We look forward to more fun times ahead!

6 comments:

theminerfamily said...

Dave, You have the best sense of humor! I love you. Thanks for blogging, I love it! I guess we had to share our secrets about Anna sometime.

Amy said...

Yay...glad I found your blog! Miss you Peaches!!! Cute little girl!

Katie Jane said...

That was so funny. It's fun to hear about you guys and Anna is just getting cuter and cuter!

Melanie said...

It's about freakin' time! Haha...I love that last picture of you guys. What a cute family!

Martha said...

Yeah for more pictures. I love the captions as much as the pictures. We definitely need to see you guys before you leave.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Cyclopes... LOL! Those are great pic's, I love the family one, so cute! And what a cool dinosaur museum, I totally want to go there! good luck you guys on your big move, and Heidi - by the way - Marti (gray) Morris and her husband ARE going to the same school as you guys - her hubby is getting an MBA there. I told her to look out of you cause you guys would be there too. She said there were only I think 3 wards, so you will most likely see them... they are having a baby boy in December, so you guys should totally hang out! Love ya!