Monday, June 28, 2010

The Silly Face

I have been thinking so much lately how grateful I am to be a Mom and have such an amazingly cute little girl. I think she is the cutest thing ever (what mom doesn't adore their own child?) I think (almost) everything she does is funny or cute. I wish I could video her life all day. I LOVE spending time with her everyday and I feel so happy right now to be home with her. Not that I haven't had quality time with her the past two years, but when I worked (with her there with me) it was different. I am grateful for the time I was able to work and for the experiences that gave both Anna and I, but it also taught me to be grateful to have time at home. I love getting to spend many moments watching her learn, express her emotions and teaching her. It is truly an incredible thing to see your own child grow.

Many times throughout the day I laugh because of my phrases she repeats as well as new funny things she comes up with. Her most recent funny quirk is the silly face. She started this face from watching her cousins on Skype. At first she only did it when we were skyping then the day we ended work she thought it would be funny to start doing it for the camera! Now, after two months of it we have pictures of her doing her silly face at almost every event we have been too! It is hilarious. Instead of being embarrassed or making her stop I decided to embrace it. She is only 2 once and it is a classic moment in her life.

So I give you . . . the events of the last two months via the Silly Face!
Saying goodbye to our fun friends (the kids I nannied in Ann Arbor) Fiona and Eilidh.
At the Henry Ford Village just outside the house Henry Ford grew up in.

Riding in an old Model T for the first time.

The family outside an old Train shop

Saying goodbye to our home in Ann Arbor, the morning Anna left with Grandma on a plane; and moving day for Dave and I.

Saying goodbye to friends in SLC.

Making it more known that she was silly

Giving Great - Grandma hugs for the first time since Christmas. The best part . . .
She taught my 93 year old Grandma to do it as well... if that isn't hilarious I don't know what is!!

Getting Ready for Kjersti, my youngest sister's, Graduation.

After her second SLC ER visit. It seems we probably should visit SLC because each time we end up in the ER or with something else scary. During last summer while living there she sucked on cleaner and we had to call poison control. Over the Christmas holiday she has a seizure and we rushed up to Primary Children's Medical Center. This time she fell backward on the chair and hut her nose (as you can see if the photo), it swelled up and bled within moments so we went to the Heber City ER. Where we met a Dr. jeans, cowboy boots and a belt buckle and were told to just watch it. Geez! Most recently, our visit to Yosemite brought it's fair share of the silly face. including this moment in front of Yosemite Falls.

There are others, I am sure, perhaps on other people's cameras. Lucky them. I love this silly girl.

1 comment:

ashli said...

that just brings a smile to my face!

she is so cute and i love your thoughts and feelings exposed so honestly! you are such a darling, good mom and you and Dave are doing it all right!