Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Nesting and Projects

So I have been totally inspired by others who actually finish projects and have tried to be better at my own. My newest favorite blog is by two sisters in my ward. http://beeinourbonnet.blogspot.com/ They are not only wonderful Friends and Mothers, but are simply amazing and talented. They threw me a shower, which I need to post about once I get some more photos, and are in a craft contest, and accomplish awesome things in the mist of all they have going on... I think they secretly have a way of stopping time in the middle of the night when we don't know about it.
I have LOVED being a stay at home Mom, being able to enjoy Anna, but also do the many things I wasn't able to when I was working. So to remember the time I had just me and Anna these last few months, here is what I have been up:

Repainting outside furniture -though this one is only half done... I need Dave's help!


Trying to find bedding. WHAT A HASTLE! This is actually one of the sets I bought and took back, because it was horribly made, but I miss the blue pillows! We are now on our 4th round of trying something out. (One was too old fashioned looking, another was horribly sewn as well with black threads under a while comforter, and now a simple one we have for now.) I just cannot make up my mind. I will post the final product, hopefully by the end of this week, and we will hopefully be happy with it!

Making Sugar cookies (another inspiration from the previously mentioned blog). My friend Kristy and I have had a lot in common, including cravings. We have both wanted to be better at baking (though she took a cake decorating class over the past 6 weeks and is now Amazingly much more advanced...jealous!) We made these cookies on a craving a month or so back. They aren't gorgeous by any means and the ones that are are because of Kristy, not myself, but they were fun and VERY yummy!) Thanks to our guest, Ashleigh who got us started as well! And our other guests who helped us eat them, especially the football ones... (; Right Kristy? )






I have been so proud of my little sister, she has finished her teaching degree and is teaching elementary! I wish I could see her in her cute classroom. I know that she will have a huge impact on all the lives she meets! I made this for her to put up somewhere.... Love ya Nats!



Decorating Anna's room... I don't think I'll ever be happy with it. Dora toddler bed is throwing off any style points. (I have never been a fan of character furniture - besides Anna's Princess table). I tried to repaint this magnet board, it works a little better, but other things are just struggling! One day...
T.O.M.A.T.O.E.S - If you know my family you know we are not tomato people. However over the years I have come to the light, however, I still don't like them plain, but they are yummy in all sorts of things. If I had more energy our cupboard would be FILLED with all sorts of stuff. We have had a bowl of tomatoes on our counter since July . They have been overflowing thanks to our lovely landlords who I should have brought a bag of tomatoes to every week ( and spaced it most weeks!)
One of two batches of yummy salsa... Tried to dehydrate tomato paste, but it stinks so bad I don't know if I want to use it. Perhaps it will work for food storage one day, but for now being pregnant I cannot go near that junk.
Fresh Pico de Gallo ala Chevy's online recipes. SOOOO yummy. We made this so much for a while that we had to take a break, but I bought a jalapeno today and will hope to make it again tomorrow! (:
A goal of mine is to become a better thrift shopper, there are some amazing finds out there. I got Anna a kitchen (and a cute one) fully stocked with tooo much food and a shopping cart for $10. I found some decor for her room for $5 -though they are the hassle of not getting her room decorated. Also, I found this basket for $3 and repainted it for the baby's room.

That isn't all, but it is enough for me for right now. Now for this last week before my mom gets in town and we hopefully deliver a baby I hope to finish a lot off my way toooooo long of a list! Or just cuddle with my little one who will soon be a big sister.... either way I should be happy!

4 comments:

Ann Warner said...

Heidi, it's Ann Warner. I love reading your blog. You are amazing! You have so many skills...that bedding post is hilarious. That is something I would totally want to do but I can't make my mind up at the store to even buy one set. Perhaps I'll keep in mind that I can return it if I don't like it!! haha We can't wait to see pics of the new baby. Good luck with everything this next week! :)

Sarah said...

Wow you have been so busy! I can't believe all of those tomatoes! I wouldn't know what to do with all of them. Love the nesting :) Are you all ready?

Unknown said...

What fabulousness Heidi. Thanks for the props- and props to you too! You've been busy! I just LOVE how the embroidery turned out. I'm gonna copy you soon. I just need to find what I'm going to stitch. I'm thinking something Christmas-ey. Any ideas??? And by the way, I have have plenty of unfinished projects. One of which is on my kitchen table!

Nicole said...

your sugar cookies look delicious, as does your pico. look at you, you cute betty you.