Sunday, January 9, 2011

Silly Resolutions


So, I have been contemplating in my head the New Year and all that I have to work on and all how I would like to be better and use my time wisely as we are now a family of four. I have many things I will be throughout the year, but I am trying to simplify life right now and focus on what is important.

Today we had a GREAT sacrament meeting (our Church's main meeting of the day where to partake of the Sacrament, have song and prayer, and listen to a few members of our church speak about a subject- like a sermon from a minister, it is just given by a member of the congregation). Today the focus was on President Uchtdorf's most recent General Conference talk. It helped me to re-analyze my life, goals, and how I should be living my life. One of the speakers said that 80% of New Year's Resolutions fail and quoted someone who said "New Year's Resolutions are for procrastinators." Those who know me well know how much of a procrastinator I can be, and I want to make this year count. In effort to do so, I declare that I will make a goal each month and try to work on it during that month. That is it. If I happen to accomplish it, then I move on to another thing. Perhaps scaling it down and focusing will be better for me. (However my annual goal of being more healthy will become a lifetime goal).

Yesterday as I backed my car in the garage I realized I am horrible at backing up and hate to do so, and I thought... this could be a resolution, to get better at it. Ha, I laughed, then I thought about other things that I would like to work on, but are weird.
So I did make a list of silly resolutions (ones that won't kill me if I don't accomplish them this year)
Here they are:
1) Back the car in the garage more often to get more comfortable with reversing the car.
2) Keep toenails painted all the time and file nails
3) Take contacts out once a week
4) Keep the car clean
5) Hang clothes/put in wash bin after wearing them (keep closet clean)
6) Only get on FB once a day
7) Blog once a week
8) Brush my dog once a week
9) Listen to music more
10) Meditate. Perhaps with Chocolate.

There you have it.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

i like ur resolutions because they are fun and different!

Melanie said...

I love you heid. I love your resolutions. I too have been trying to focus on simplifying. I get way too uptight if my house doesn't look perfectly clean all the time and I've realized that it's taking away valuable time with my kids. I'm trying to work on chilling out. :) I think I might join you in the meditation thing with chocolate.

lee04031 said...

Great goals! That' s a really good idea to do one per month and not move on till its a habit.. I think I might try that!

Nicole said...

yay for blogging once a week! i fully support that goal.

i have to admit that i had to think for a minute to figure out what "fb" stands for. i am such an old lady.