I forgot to post about Anna’s birthday cake, so here it is in all it’s not so perfect glory.
I wish I would have had more time to be the perfectionist that I am. I had made the fondant earlier in the week,and I also made the frosting and the cake the day before. So I thought I would have “plenty of time” to put it together. Ha!! with a newborn and wanting to spoil this three year old with attention, as well as clean the house, I was lucky I was able to do what I did. It turned out super yummy and it was cute, Anna was VERY happy and surprised. Which always makes it all worth it.
Anna saw it as I first got the fondant on. She was
I filled the bowls with too much cake batter and they overflowed, Ha, that was a learning moment. I also tried to make it a rainbow, but because of filling the bowls it kind of went everywhere. It was fun to cut into though.
Then the frosting was so cold and hard at first that I couldn’t get it on, as I waited for it to warm up it spread better, but it still pulled at the not so beautiful crumbly cake to begin with.
This was the moment I told her about the cake. Then she kept saying, “can I touch it?”
I pulled it together quickly, piping like mad in the end, it felt a little like I was on a Food Network Challenge or something. Anna loved how I put the hair up, she still does it with her doll every once in a while. We love Rapunzel and all princesses, including these girls, around here!
7 comments:
WoW! I didn't think to do a barbie cake that way! I stole my MIL's barbie cake pan with the half barbie doll for Lily's Tiana cake. (We haven't seen Tangled yet, but Lily is OBSESSED with Princess and The Frog) Although the doll was white and not AA like Tiana.
It looks amazing! Good job!
awesome heid! love it
so cute. what a talented friend I have! Good job. Miss you guys.
you are amazing my friend
Happy Birthday Anna! I can't believe you have a three year old. I think right now is a great time for our kids to just stop growing and stay the same. I love this age.
That is the most darling cake. You blow me away! I have been wanting to comment on your blog for a while because Thatcher always asks to look at the dogs on the computer. He loves your puppies and so do it. They are beautiful. If only we lived closer to you guys, and had a house, and had money...we would buy a couple from you for sure!
I love that your cake is fab inside and out! Great work! p.s. I love Anna's shirt in these picts!
Un. be. lieve. able.
That's the sort of thing I might think about doing, and then immediately say "nah, I could never pull it off!"
Post a Comment