Saturday, May 21, 2011

Moving, again.




THREE WEEK COUNTDOWN....YIKES



Craigslist ads

*Selling items

*Looking for homes to rent

*Trying to find renters for our Bountiful home
many boxes - empty and packed

New garage sale/give away pile

Organizing and realizing what I don't need

Taking down a beautiful home

Keeping up with daily tasks

Preparing Anna and answering many questions


Dreams of what is to come

Wishes of what we could have done

Letting go of things

Goodbyes

"Lasts"




Seems like we keep doing all of this every year! Change is hard and enjoyable at the same time.

I continually hope that each time it gets easier, however I find myself remembering, shedding some happy & sad tears, then reminding myself that each moment is an experience and a memory to cherish.

There will be people and things that I will miss and more tears shed.

But there is always something new to look forward to.

At least this move I won't feel physically alone in a foreign place especially in the beginning as I meet people around me.

And thank goodness there is technology to keep in touch with those I have grown to love here in Modesto!




Let the 21 day countdown begin with a sigh... or two.

6 comments:

Cara said...

Moving= the pits. I can feel your pain, literally. We are excited that you guys get to head back to Utah though!!

Maggie said...

I'm sure it is so hard to pack up and go again.Bittersweet. Good luck with it all.

Unknown said...

Wow! Good luck! That will be so fun to be close to family, but it is always hard to say goodbye! It was fun to bump into you at the U.

Leslie said...

I'm SO excited you are moving back! I remind Aubrey that cute little Anna is coming back and we get to play whenever we want! I'll help you unpack when you get here. So excited!!

Ariel said...

I hear you sister. We are moving to UT in 3 weeks as well. AND we will also be living in Davis county. We will have to meet up for a Wasatch 303 reunion. Woot woot! Good luck with the move. Hope to see you soon.

Katie Abernethy said...

Good luck with your move Heidi! And yay for ya'll going back to Utah. :)