Anna has been in Dance all Fall with Mrs. Nanette. She has loved it! This Christmas she danced on a stage for the first time! I was afraid she would get nervous in front of so many people, but she was the opposite. She danced and mostly sang all the words to all the songs. During the “circle part” she slipped on her tap shoes and fell and broke her “Suzy Snowflake wand” She was helped up by her friend, Rhiece, and detoured most of the girls as she looked for the broken pieces. In the end she finished the dance, holding up her broken wand and smiling with pride. She told us after the dance, “I slipped on my Taps and broke my S.S. wand, then I was trying to put it back together!”
At the end of the performance when we congratulated her and told her what a great job she did she said, “Yes, I smiled at all the people to say thank you for clapping and watching me.” She loved it!
She was also thankful for those who came to watch her dance. Thanks family!!! Dave, my Dad and I joked, “it’s just begun,” as we now embark on years of dance (if she chooses). My dad is my hero as he has sat through one if not two,three, four or five dances each year for about 30 years!
opening number, “let it snow” with all the dancers. Anna knew every word and sang it proudly.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
“Snuzy” snowflake (as Anna often called it)
At the end proudly displaying her broken wand and holding on to the other pieces. ![]()
“We wish you a Merry Christmas” I don’t know if it was planned, but Anna stood front and center.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
No comments:
Post a Comment