I am a wanna be baker. I admit it. I want to take courses to be better, but until the day I can take professional ones I will do my own research and try try try to get better. I could spend hours (oops and I do) looking at cakes, cookies, blogs, books, pinterest ideas, etc. I love art and I love eating sugar so it just makes sense to be in love with beautiful and yummy creations.
Here are my latest “experiments:”
I was a Young Women Girls Camp Assistant Director this year. Our theme was “Amazing Race” so for camp kick off I made these World Cookies….![]()
I learned that my hand is not so steady and I probably should take the time to make a template or use a projector something. I thought they were okay for being freehanded!
The HEAVY fondant Popcorn Cake! My dear friend, Natasha, asked me MANY months ago to help her with her daughter’s 4th birthday party. It was a carnival party and needed some popcorn! I LOVED researching this cake, it was a lot of fun. It was a crazy week to try to make this cake, plan for girls camp, help plan the nitty gritty of the family reunion, see friends visiting, pack for two weeks worth of vacations and keep up with my family. However, I didn’t want to pass this opportunity up. So here you have it….
So I didn’t cut my cakes perfectly and it was a little crooked in the back to start, then adding all that HEAVY fondant make for an unbalanced cake. It was okay for a little bit, then with the travel and heat it had had enough! I was so sad to watch it all night long and see it slowly falling. I am still an amateur at this stuff so I didn’t put in any supports and by the end of the party it was VERY droopy. I was so mortified! Needless to say, I will use a support system with my next one and do more research about types of cakes and fondants work best. This was my go to fondant recipe and it was really stretchy on this cake. It was way too moist, despite my efforts to add powder sugar. Those little popcorn kernels were a fun headache too. (: The birthday girl had asked for a pink cake so I made strawberry on the inside.
The day of Rhiece said she wanted an elephant cake, so I added a fondant elephant to the top. I worked perfect wit the theme. ![]()
![]()
She was pretty happy with it! Anna loves her friend Rhiece! We all do.
![]()
![]()
Especially when she makes faces like that! HA!HA!
The inside… This cake was SUPER sweet and a major sugar overload, but nevertheless yummy!![]()
![]()
1 comment:
You are so talented! I love all your work:)
Post a Comment