Monday, January 28, 2013

Jake Cake

Anna was so excited to have a Jake and the Never Land Pirate’s cake and party. She is my number one cake making fan and always has the cutest most positive things to say about my creations. One of my favorites, and something I’ll never forget is when she said, “Mom everything you make is good and pretty!” Melt my heart.

Here are some pictures of her birthday party cake. Despite the fact that my frosting was too thick and defiant that I had to start over, and that I started super late at night, I think I turned out almost how I envisioned it.

DSC_0276I decided to try a trick I did on another cake and make the inside a little more fun. Zebra print… DSC_0355This is what it looked like when I cut it straight across and took off the top. DSC_0272Before all the decorations where added and as I finished the treasure box.DSC_0273It was late, or should I say early in the morning and I needed a treasure box! I wasn’t about to make fondant for it. And figured I could make do with stuff I had.  So the base of the box was made out of graham crackers and marshmallows . Then I did the classic basket weave icing method to cover it. Turned out pretty good for 2 am. (: DSC_0274DSC_0282DSC_0283

Here is the 360 of the cake…

DSC_0278DSC_0277DSC_0279DSC_0280

Happy little pirate princess!

DSC_0336DSC_0345DSC_0348DSC_0350

No comments: