For those of you who know me, you know that I LOVE birthdays! I think that they are important to celebrate. It is YOUR one day that you celebrate only YOU. A few years ago I started making more extensive cakes. I LOVE doing it. I wish I had more events to make them for so I can practice. I learn something new every time and get a little bit better, however I have a LOT to learn… {insert some day cake decorating classes here}. I spend hours planning and making the cakes, but when I have a 2 year old remember her cake all year and the same three year old talk about her Rapunzel cake all year long, and now a 4 year old tell me that eating her cake was the best part of her birthday it makes it all worth it!
The Cake…
The birthday Princess and her cake…
Anna had the cutest smile all day, but she kept squinting her eyes more than normal. It was so funny. One of my sisters said, open your eyes Anna, and this is what she did!
The insides. I made Funfetti ( my sisters were making fun of me because I called it Funetti) cake for a change, plus Anna usually doesn’t like the cake as much as she likes the fondant. I thought this would change that. However, I gave her a taste of the batter before it was cooked and she thought it was gross, so therefore she said, “I don’t like the cake.” A couple days later I convinced her it was good and she agreed.
I decided not to wrap Cinderella’s legs like I did Rapunzel. It made for an interesting view once the cake was done. Then I loved having the knife in the photo. We thought it was hilarious.
Cinderella, you naughty girl. (:![]()
The details, more for me, but perhaps you’ll want to know:
This time I didn’t spend too long on the cake, which was great. Anna wanted “a Cinderella cake just like her Rapunzel cake.” Easy. I knew what pans to use and I had already bought a Cinderella at Christmas time on sale. What I didn’t realize until I got going was that Cinderella is the most simple Princess! I put the dress on her and realized I had a few little additions and I was done! I spent some time working on the top and didn’t go back to the ruffles on the dress until it was too late! They were already getting dry and set. So I was sad I couldn’t make more. Also my fondant was drier than I would like. Even adding some water didn’t help too much. I wanted the dress to flow a little more. I also wanted it to look like it was flowing up a little bit to show the petticoat underneath. I added some fondant on the front and filled in with a little frosting (I was too lazy to change the tip and I should have used a different one, but it still looked okay.)
I was going to add more details to the bodice and decided to keep it simple. My brother in law asked me why I wrote on her bum… perhaps it is because I wanted her to be hip? I should have out “PINK. ” (: I just thought it was the best space, but perhaps next time it will be different. AND perhaps I’ll used a smaller tip for the lettering. I was just being lazy and didn’t change it.
That is my schpeal. I love Cake making, I just wish I loved eating all the cake… okay I do, but usaully not until the next day or so… and that is the problem, especially with these bigger cakes. I just hate being wasteful. Which makes me “waist-ful.” (:
No comments:
Post a Comment