Monday, June 4, 2012

Cookie Time

I love making cookies, and hope to continue to get better at it. The only thing is that I cannot make any without sampling, so I cannot make them very often.  Maddie surprised Dave last night that she could say “cookie.”  I think I am raising her well. (:

I was asked by a friend to make some cookies for a shower she was hosting 2 days later.  I quickly made a batch of my family’s favorite “rice chex” peanut butter cookies, but they didn’t seem to fit for a bridal shower.  So, I remembered I just bought some cutters that were on sale and I went to it! I had a lot of fun.

DSC_0017

DSC_0018DSC_0019DSC_0020DSC_0021

I had left over dough and decided I needed a thank you gift for Anna’s teachers.  I looked on my favorite cookie blog,( Dave says I should refer to her as my cookie goddess because I am always referring to her talent! Go check her stuff out! ) for some ideas, but didn’t have the right cookie cutters and was out of red dye.  So I made my own stuff up. They don’t look pro, but they were fun to experiment with different methods. I was too lazy to pull out more effective tools, so they could have been a bit more professional looking, but they were just going to get eaten anyway..right? I leave perfection to the professionals.

DSC_0042DSC_0043DSC_0047

I had Anna color the card and write her name on the way to preschool. She did a great job.DSC_0058

No comments: